Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Take the TPT Plunge Linky Party!


The Dabbling Speechie is hosting a Take the TPT Plunge Linky Party!  I have decided to join in all the fun :)

About 2 years ago, I was searching the web and found the TpT website.  Ever since then, my life has changed forever! {For the better, of course!}  I was in my fourth year of being a speech language pathologist working in an elementary school.  I caught myself not having any time to make my own materials because my caseload was skyrocketing.  So, once I found this website and began digging through every one's stores -- I was in heaven!  There were FREEBIES! Now, I buy/download materials and products from the TpT website all the time.  About 2 months ago, I decided that I could start my own store and post some materials I have made, and have used with my own students.  That is when my journey really began!

I started my own TpT store under the name, "School SLP" and became obsessed with PowerPoint, had a designer make me a blog {PJ's Design Laboratory}, and WAALAH!  {I also received some great advice from fellow educator, Sara Connell. ~ Check out her blog here!} I am blogging you my story right now!  I spend many of my nights at home developing new materials {which my students have been loving!}, working on my blog {School SLP blog}, looking through stores on TpT, and reading fellow SLP blogs. It is safe to say, I have become addicted to everything relating to the web and speech and language!


The very first product I bought on TpT was Candytown Articulation Cards, by Jenna Rayburn at Speech Room News blog for $5.00. I still love using this with my articulation students! I have many kindergarten and first grade students working on /ch/ and /sh/ speech sounds and enjoy board games!  These cards are colorful, easy and quick to prepare for a speech session! I really enjoy how these cards changed the way I began to look at the materials I was choosing to use for therapy.  Thank you Speech Room News!


A second product I absolutely cannot live without is, The Articulation for Reading and Conversation Speech Therapy Intervention by Nicole Allison from Speech Peeps blog for $10.00 {and worth every penny!}! I am always using this with my articulation kids towards the end of each quarter.  It has an awesome data collection portion on each activity for reading level and conversational level! Thank you Speech Peeps!


My best selling product on my TpT store is my "Spring into Language" Bundle: Speech/Language Receptive and Expressive Activity Bundle.  It is 32 pages of spring themed activities! It is actually the very first product I ever posted on my TpT.  I also have a few freebies too!

I am excited that my blogging journey has just begun!  I have already been connected with many new and wonderful speech people!

Head over to Old School Speech and The Speech Bubble to see what they have to say about TpT and their experiences!






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I love your recommendations for products and am now going to check out your best seller!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) My best FREEBIE is my Informal Speech and Language Assessment Guide--as of yesterday! People went crazy for it! I love taking part in Linky Parties! Thanks for hosting, Felice!

    ReplyDelete