Friday, April 25, 2014

Weekly Review: April 21st, 2014


Week of April 21st ~ 25th


I am linking up with Old School Speech to review a few activities from therapy this week!  Check out her "Week in Review" on her blog and link up ~ there is plenty of time left to link in a post! Linky parties are a great way to see what other professionals are doing during therapy!  Join us!





This week in speech therapy, I used my Jumbo Mighty Mouth from SuperDuper. It's a hand puppet and comes in very useful when showing my students sound placements or review of articulatory placement.  I really enjoy using it to help teach the /r/ sounds. {My students are always engaged when they see the big mouth on the table!}



On Earth Day, I found this FREEBIE on TpT from the Educating Everyone 4 Life store.  It was a fun activity and included the following vocabulary; reduce, reuse and recycle.


 I also continued to use I Need My Monster: A Speech & Language Book Companion for the I Need My Monster book by Amanda Noll {Click here, to buy on Amazon}.  We learned new describing words, chose three words and then drew a picture of our own monster making sure we used the words chosen. We also increased our vocabulary.  We learned new words and completed a "Monster Word Search" with highlighters {all my students love highlighters!}




I hope you learned some new ideas to use in your speech room!  Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. The Monster Drawing looks like a great activity! Sounds like you had a good week! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete