Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wild About Books Wednesday: Linky Party!



Scarlett, over at Speech is Sweet, is hosting a "Wild About Books Wednesday: Linky Party!" I am looking forward to taking part in this linky as much as possible and learning what wonderful books other educators are using with their students!  If you haven't already, check out Scarlett's blog!  She has lots of great information!






Dragons Love Tacos
by Adam Rubin


I am currently working on a book companion for this book!  I enjoy reading this story with my students because the vocabulary used is awesome!  There are many adjectives and homonyms throughout the book. There are endless possibilities of activities you can come up with to coincide with this story.  One of my favorites is making taco party invitations with my students.  This targets following directions, sequencing and using new vocabulary.
This book can be bought on Amazon, here.

Dear Deer
by Gene Barretta


This is a fun book about homophones!  I have been using this book for a few years now. This book makes learning about and teaching homophones much more enjoyable and fun!
This book can be bought on Amazon, here.

Interested in finding out what my Book Companions are like?!  Check one out here!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up! I've never read Dragons Love Tacos, but it looks super cute. I've already discovered a new book with this linky haha. I can't wait to see your book companion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen companions for Dragons Love Tacos, but I've never read it, either. Dear Deer looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete