Friday, May 16, 2014

Weekly Review: May 12th, 2014



May 12th ~ 16th

What a great week it has been! Great weather to go along with speech therapy! I used one of the new products I bought during last weeks Teacher Appreciation TpT sale. My students are getting antsy for summer... so summer activities were begun!







1.  This week my speech students and I completed some really fun activities from Speech is Sweet!  We practiced our comparing and contrasting skills while playing a fun game where you lose all your cards if a specific card is drawn. Very cute camp theme and graphics, and the activities put my students in a the mood for summer!  {If interested in Speech Camp: Expressive Language, click HERE}.



2.  I also collected a ton of articulation data this week!  I love my ArtikPix app for speech sound data collection.  There is a fabulous notes section and it makes progress notes much more enjoyable!  

{***Image screenshot from iTunes Website, HERE}

3.  If you read my Wild About Books Wednesday post this week, then you read about the Story Grammar Marker (SGM).  I LOVE using this oral narrative curriculum to evaluate my students narrative skills and to teach them narrative skills. This week we used it with Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin and Stephanie's Ponytail by Robert Munsch.



4.  Dragons Love Tacos continues to be a HUGE hit in my speech room!  This week some of my students made pretend invitations to invite others to an event {invitation template from my Dragons Love Tacos: Speech & Language Book Companion}.  Many of them chose who they would invite to a taco party if they threw one! This activity worked well targeting the following skills; articulation conversational level, comprehension, following directions, and describing.




5.  Highlighters and /R/ tongue twisters won over my fifth grade articulation student's hearts this week.  We smiled and laughed so hard that my cheeks still hurt :)


6.  Sequencing (receptive and expressive) are skills that many of my students need to improve upon.  This week, we completed a summer themed 4-step sequence picture activity.  We also worked on some summer vocabulary, describing and articulation skills from my *Summer* Receptive & Expressive Language Activity Bundle. We are all thinking warm summer weather!





Join us and link up with Old School Speech to review what you did this week in therapy!
AND Doodle Bugs "Five for Friday" Linky!



4 comments:

  1. Looks like you were busy! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny that your book this week was Dragons Love Tacos because I stumbled across it in a second grade classroom on Monday and read it on a whim with a student....and loved it!! How strange to have this book come into my life in 2 separate ways within days....must be a sign I should use it with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is, by far, one of my favorite books lately! Glad you came across it twice! It sounds like it was meant to be :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! Glad you enjoyed Speech Camp :)

    ReplyDelete