Friday, September 19, 2014

Weekly Review: September 15th, 2014




Speech therapy is one of those careers that is never boring. It is so diverse and the activities change all the time. This keeps me on my toes and keeps my students interested!  This week was no exception! We had a few challenges, but also kept therapy exciting! Check out five things from my week...




{Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday Linky Party! Hop on over there and check out with other educators did this week.}


Adhesive White Board Table!
This week I made my regular brown table into a white board table!  This is going to be awesome for therapy!  Think of all the brainstorming activities we can do?!  I wont have to stand at the board and have my back to my students anymore! Thank you Pinterest for all the awesome ideas! 
{Adhesive white board table idea found at Soaring Through Second Blog}

Before...

After!
 I am in love with this white board table!  I have been using it all week and the students are also having fun with it! You should hear the students in the school when they pass my room!  They say, "did you see her table?! Look at her table, it's a marker board! Cool!"  It's too bad they aren't lucky enough to be in speech with Mrs. Jarvis! {If you could not tell, I like to write with a sarcastic tone...}  But seriously, my student's are pretty awesome!


Build-a-burger Categories
This is a fun freebie I found on Teachers Pay Teachers at The Speech Bubble SLP Store!


How I Became a Pirate 
by Melinda Long & David Shannon
{This book can be found on Amazon, HERE!}

I use, and LOVE, Jenn Alcorn's Book Companion...

This book companion can by found HERE!

and

Pirate Craftivity!



This is an awesome craftivity! I love it :)
From Crazy Speech World Blog.  Can buy on TpT, HERE!



Months of the Year
Practicing the putting the months of the year in the correct order! Using a TpT FREEBIE!

{Freebie can be found HERE!}


Talk Like a Pirate Activities!
Articulation
{Freebie can be found HERE!}

and

Pirate Articulation: R-blends
Freebie!

{Freebie can be found HERE!}

I love me some pirates and pirate talk! Arrrrg! This week in therapy we did a lot of pirate activities in most of my groups.  This is one of my favorite weeks of the school year.  My students loved the activities and I am already searching for some new pirate activities for next year!

Check out Doodle Bugs "Five for Friday Weekly Linky Party" for more random educator things from this week!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the white board table! (I may steal!) I'm going to have to get that book for next year; it seems to be a very popular book.
    I have my linky up...I debated about doing it again this year, and then I decided to go ahead and take the plunge. We'll see how it goes!
    oldschoolspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white board table has been AWESOME for therapy! I will have to check out your blog again!

      Delete