Friday, September 12, 2014

Weekly Review: September 8th, 2014




My first Weekly Review of the 2014-2015 school year {Ohhhh, how I've missed blogging}! I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the "Five for Friday" Linky Party.  Check out what we did in my speech room this week :)










This week was my first week pulling students into my room for therapy!  I used Speech Peep's "My First Week in Speech" packet with many of my students. It was an awesome way to review what the students speech/language goals are and how we plan on working towards those goals.


Speech Buddies (Amazon link, HERE!) were used this week to help some of my students learn and practice their /r/ sounds.


We also made "All About Me" posters to hang in the speech room!  The students were required to have their name on it, draw pictures and/or write words of activities they enjoy. This little guy loves Star Wars!


Beanie Babies are my newest hit this year!  We used them for sequencing animals in stories, categorization and practicing speech sounds.


Last, but not least, we have started reading When a Dragon Moves in written by Jodi Moore and illustrated by Howard McWilliam.  (Can be found on Amazon, HERE!)
We began using some fun card game activities with the following book companion!
{Can be found on TpT, HERE! This book companion is reviewed on my website, HERE!}

First full week down!  It's great to be back in the swing of things!  How was your first week back with students?

~Kim Jarvis {School SLP}


1 comment: