Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Throwback Thursday SLP Style! {Linky Party!}




It's Throwback Thursday ~ Speech Style!  Come on over and join in the party! This is my FIRST TIME hosting a linky party! Post materials (or blogs you have referred to) from the past that you love to use and why! {New materials are welcome too!} 











Every first Thursday of the month, I will be discussing specific speech/language materials and how they can be used in speech/language therapy. They can be materials you have created, one you have bought or a great blog post you refer to often (we arr very flexible here~it can be anything!). If you're a blogger, you can join in on the fun by linking up with an older or recent blog post with your own ideas. All I ask is that you please use the picture below and link back to "School SLP" blog somewhere in your post/link! Thank you and happy Thursday!

Don't forget to follow my blog so you never miss out on awesome materials that speech therapists and educators recommend!  

This week I am going to share a few totally great products created by Jenn Alcorn from Crazy Speech World Blog and Kristin Cummings over at Simply Speech. I am also going to share a blog post from Playing With Words 365 blog.

Jenn's Intergalactic Receptive Language For Speech Therapy and Intergalactic Expressive Language for Speech Therapy are both must-haves for my therapy.  I bought this in September of 2013 and have used them both many times.  Tons of my students love the intergalactic theme {as it reminds them of Star Wars}! I am also sharing a product from Kristin called Final Consonant Deletion Minimal Pair Pack. This product is a great to work on Final Consonant Deletion (FCD).  


Intergalactic Receptive Language

Receptive language activities are awesome for...
~Basic Concepts
~Following Directions with Concept Words
~Answering Simple WH-Questions
~Game cards
~There is a visual for being a good listener--this has come in very handy and is always posted in my room.

Intergalactic Expressive Language

The expressive language activities are awesome for...
~Pronouns
~Describing
~Asking questions
~Comparing & Contrasting

Final Consonant Deletion Minimal Pair Pack


This pack is perfect for using on your iPad.  There are 39 pairs of cards included in the download.  My student's have enjoyed the graphics and it's nice to have new materials to target FCD.  Thank you Simply Speech!

Teaching the dreaded /R/...


Playing With Words 365 blog has a fabulous post about how she teaches the /r/ sound.  I have referred to this blog post for years and would highly recommend it to anyone needing direction on teaching this difficult sound!



Please don't forget to include the picture above and a link back to www.schoolslp.blogspot.com in your post ~ if you are linking up!

Also... in the spirit of "throwback Thursday"... here is a little gem I found sitting around.
{Me, my cousin, and my twin sister visiting a skinny Santa Claus. Maybe 1992!?} 
I am planning on using a few old pictures and thinking bubbles with my students. I cannot wait to see what they think I am thinking! 

What awesome materials/activities have you found that you or your students love?

Link in comments! 
{Linky opens up Thursday morning and goes through Friday night!}


3 comments:

  1. I love this idea, I will definitely be linking up soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I can't wait to see the great materials!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for hosting - a great idea for a linky! I love all of your recommendations and of course, skinny Santa! :)

    ReplyDelete