Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wild About Books Wednesday! {Linky Party!}



It's the first Wednesday of October!  Time to get my Halloween on!  Get ready for Wild About Books Wednesday! This month, I will be continuing to link up with Scarlett from Speech is Sweet blog to discuss books every Wednesday of the month.















I'm Not Afraid of This Haunted House
Written by Laurie Friedman
Illustrated by Theresa Murfin
{Found on Amazon HERE}

I have used this book in speech/language therapy for the last three years.  It is one of my most favorite Halloween books!  It can be used for sequencing events, vocabulary, articulation (/s/ sounds!), and comprehension. The illustrations are awesome and even a little creepy!  Perfect for this time of year! Recommended for grades 2-5.


Please creep over to Scarlett's Speech is Sweet blog for her Wild About Books Wednesday Linky Party!  Join in the fun and post a comment about books you enjoy using for therapy this time of year!

I would love to hear about what Autumn or Halloween themed books you are using in your classroom this year! Link in comments!


4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Is the book "wordy", or just right for a 30 minute session?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little wordy. It is fun to read--and sometimes I split it up between 2 sessions just so we have enough quality time for articulation drill work--or whatever our main focus is.

      Delete
  2. Looks cute!! I LOVE Halloween themed everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! I'll add this to my list of books to check out at the library! :)

    ReplyDelete