Monday, October 20, 2014

Wild About Books Wednesday! {Linky Party!}

 





Here is another spooooky book to add to your monster collection!











I Need My Monster
by Amanda Noll & Howard McWilliam
{Found on Amazon HERE!}

This is an awesome book for grades K-5.  It's about a boy who has a monster friend and tries to find a replacement monster.

I have used this book for practicing the following aspects of speech and language...
~Describing
~Vocabulary
~Following Directions with Concepts
~Sequencing
~Articulation (while reading)
~Oral Narratives
~Story Elements (main idea, setting, events, etc.)
~Story Comprehension

I use the following materials with this book!
{Book Companion on TpT HERE!}

Preview of activities...


I am linking up with Speech is Sweet!




Please check out the Wild About Books Wednesday Linky Party at Speech is Sweet!  Join in the fun and post a comment about books you enjoy using for therapy this time of year!

I would love to hear about what scaaaaaary themed books you are using in your classroom or authors you enjoy! Link in comments!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book!! And the book companion looks awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up! I've never read this book before, but I need to find it asap! Your book companion looks awesome, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is adorable! It takes a little bit to read, but the kids love it--me too!

      Delete
  3. I haven't ever heard of this book! I'm adding to my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know this book either! It looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete