Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wild About Books Wednesday! {Linky Party!}








It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown by Charles M. Schultz is on my "favorites" list from being a child.  This is a great Fall book to use in speech and language therapy!











It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
by Charles M. Schultz
{Can be bought at Target, HERE}


I am currently using this fun Fall book to teach some of my students about problem solving, character description, oral narratives and articulation groups who are at the reading level!  This book is such a fun read, and really brings me back to my childhood!

{Here is an example of a worksheet I created to help retell the story}

Double bonus!  This particular book has sound buttons that correspond with some of the pages!  This is extra motivation and fun for the students.  It can work with all elementary aged students because of the length of the book.  The SLP can always adapt the story to make it more simple and adjust for the level of the student.

I am linking up with Scarlett at Speech is Sweet!



Please check out the Wild About Books Wednesday Linky Party at Speech is Sweet!  Join in the fun and post a comment about books you enjoy using for therapy this time of year!
 Link in comments!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Snoopy and the gang are my favorite characters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bonus with the buttons on the side! I bet your kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete