Friday, November 14, 2014

Weekly Review: November 10th, 2014





The first half of November is over already!!! That means progress notes are finished, conferences are in full swing and I need to get on top of my winter speech and language activities!  


{Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday Linky Party! Hop on over there and check out with other educators did this week.}


I am also linking up with Old School Speech for her weekly review!  Check it out!

The Day The Crayons Quit Book Companion PART 2!
(Find my blog post HERE)

(Check it out at my TpT store HERE)


Articulation FREEBIES
Created by Kim Jarvis, School SLP (Me!)


Can be found HERE on TpT!

Linking up with Speechie Freebies for Friday FreeBEES!


My Little Book of "sl" Blends
Created by Karen Prichett 2014

 Can be found HERE on TpT!


Keeping Kids Motivated 
{while practicing Main Idea!}
{I chose to make an "S" because it was what the first letter of the students name.  I used this to keep the student on track while reading short paragraph stories and asking the student what the story was mostly about.  This particular student has significant difficulty with attention--so he could see that as soon as we finish all the bubbles he will have earned choice time.  The "x" with the dot are the ones he got incorrect. It doubles as a data collection tool!}

Wild About Books Wednesday! {Linky Party!}
A Plump and Perky Turkey
By Teresa Bateman
Illustrated by Jeff Shelly
Find my post about this book HERE!

I linked up again with Scarlett from Speech is Sweet for her weekly linky party!

ALSO, I have started using Scarlett's awesome Thanksgiving Expressive Language Packet. 
It has some practical and printable materials that I am loving!

If interested, check it out HERE!



We received our fall family photos from 
Jessica Rivers Photography {JRP}!




Thank you Jessica Rivers!


My daughter and her cousins were dragons for Halloween!

{Photograph taken by Jessica Rivers Photography}



What did you do this week?

Link in comments!

5 comments:

  1. How did you use the Main Idea activity?
    I downloaded the Following Directions Activity; I plan on using it before Thanksgiving! (THANKS!)
    Your daughter is just too cute! LOVE that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just added a little description above for the main idea activity.

      Delete
  2. Your family is just too cute! Love the pictures! Thank you for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! I love the Plump and Perky Turkey (so many books, so little time). I only have 61/2 years to go (theoretically) so now I'm rationalizing all my new book acquisitions will be for my future grandchildren :)
    Your family is so beautiful, My daughter and I love watching the antics of Baby Addy Bug. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annie! I have also applied many of my daughter's books to speech and language therapy. :) Have a great Thanksgiving too!

      Delete