Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Quick Tip Tuesday!


Every Tuesday, I will be hosting a link up called "Quick Tip Tuesday!"  I will be sharing a quick tip(s) related to the speech and language world.  It may be a tip about organization, how to do therapy or tips related to evaluations. My goal for this link up is to share information in a short-read format, which is helpful and can make a Speech-Language Pathologists more efficient.










 1. Create Evaluation Checklists
For every student I evaluate (SPL Only and Cumulative), I put an "Evaluation Checklist" in their file.  As I am going through the evaluation process, I come back to the checklist and check items off as I complete them.  This is a great way to stay organized!  It helps me to know exactly what I need to do next for the evaluation paperwork! I also copy it on a bright green color so it is easily found!

2. Use Screening Forms & Sticky Notes


I also use a ton of sticky notes for my screenings.  If a student does not pass a screening, I will put a sticky note on the front of their file and state the screening results and if classroom interventions have been set up or not.  I also put a "SPL Screening" sheet in the general education file, send a copy to parents and keep a copy for my screening records.

I hope you learned something useful today!


If you are linking up, please don't forget to include the picture above and a link back to www.schoolslp.blogspot.com in your post.
Thanks!

What quick tip(s) do you have to make your speech world more efficient?

Link in comments! 
{Linky opens up Tuesday morning and goes through Thursday night!}




8 comments:

  1. Love your checklist!!! I'll have to put that on my to-do list :) Great ideas, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to it! Great minds definitely think alike! I've been saving up for a Quick Tips on Tuesday linky, so I will surely have some to add to your linky! You have saved me from procrastinating. Love your organization!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your ideas! These are great tips - I need to make an evaluation checklist too! I've been in such a scramble today, sorry! I'll definitely be linking up with you next week - love the idea behind this linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries! It will be up every Tuesday and I'm going to start leaving the link up open through Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tips! Do you mind sharing your forms or am I missing the link? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristi! This week, I will work on getting the evaluation checklist up on my TpT as a FREEBIE! Good idea :)

      Delete