Friday, January 16, 2015

Weekly Review: January 12th, 2015

I'm back!  I took over a month off of blogging during the holidays.  I spent ALL of my extra time with my family and friends.  It was fantastic!  I am happy to be back at it and excited to reconnect with the blogging world {I sure did miss it, but it was a much needed reprieve!} Keep reading and check out what I did this week in therapy!


HAPPY JANUARY!

{ I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching  for the weekly Five for Friday Linky Party!}


I am also linking up with Old School Speech for her weekly review!  Check it out!

Winter Themed NO PREP Speech & Language Activities
By Jenn Alcorn

Jenn Alcorn, over at Crazy Speech World Blog, has an awesome new product!  I downloaded it on Monday and have been using it all week.  There are endless NO PREP activities for many areas of speech and language.

 {Check it out HERE on TpT}

{Review it HERE on her blog!}

The Rainbow Stick Game!
By Mia McDaniel
Okay... this game was SO simple to make and my students are obsessed with it.  They have been asking to play every day this week. Stick games are my new favorite!
{Game Description HERE and FREEBIE printable cards HERE}

Observation was this week!
I got observed by my principal this week! {Eeeek!} He observed two of my sessions.  First, an upper level language group working on narrative story retell skills.  Second, an /r/ articulation group learning tongue placement. It went well!  I enjoyed giving him a small snapshot of what we do in therapy! 
{Used Story Grammar Marker (SGM) for one of the language groups---also used the SGM app!}

New Link Up!
{Starting January 20th!}
I will be starting a new link up Tuesday, January 20th! Every Tuesday, I will be sharing a quick tip related to the speech and language world. It may be a tip about organization, how to do therapy or tips related to evaluations. My goal for this link up is to share information in a short-read format, which is helpful and can make a Speech-Language Pathologists life more efficient. Feel free to join me by linking up to www.schoolslp.blogspot.com and using the picture above!

For Funsies...

~Scarves & Cowls~


I have started a new craft of making arm crochet infinity scarves and cowls!  (I do have previous experience crocheting winter hats too.  I just don't have enough free time for that right now.) If you are not crafty and would like to buy one, message me from my blog! They are made of thick wool and/or acrylic yarn. *You can choose any color or color combination you would like (up to two colors max).

Prices
Chunky Infinity Scarves (wraps twice around neck): $25.00 each or two for $40.00
Cowls (one loop around neck): $18.00 each or two for $30.00
{+$5.00 shipping cost anywhere in the US between 3-5 days}

ALSO...

~Play Kitchen~
My daughter's Christmas gift from Jeff and I... her handmade kitchen was finished in time for Christmas Day! 
{with ALL the accessories of course!}



What did you do this week?

Link in comments!

7 comments:

  1. Your scarves are cute- I'm sure they will sell like hotcakes! I live in southern California and I find that I get too hot if I wear scarves or I would buy one!
    KinderIrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl!~ I just enjoy making them :)

      Delete
  2. Where did you get that awesome big yellow die???? Love Jenn & Mia...I'm going to check out their products that you used! I've been trying to stay away from TpT since I have sooo many materials that I just printed off and need to print off, but those look great!
    For your new linky: are you going to give us a topic, or is it a "free for all"?
    Thanks for linking up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got it at the Dollar Store a few years ago! My new linky is going to be a free for all! It's meant to just be super quick and short blog posts :)

      Delete
  3. That play kitchen is so stinkin cute! I would love to know how you made it! I so need one for my daughter!

    Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was originally an old TV stand I had. I just painted it--and used an IKEA shelf for the top shelf with the spices. All of the red painted wood was a stool I had sitting around that I just took apart to use. I used a dog bowl for the sink and an old faucet for the play faucet. The burners on the stove are cork from IKEA that I painted black. and I used .99 cent knobs from Menards for the stove too! I made the curtain with no sew tape (the iron on kind from Joann Fabrics) and fabric. The rest is just silver and white paint :) All said and done, I only spend $50! Here is a link with some before pictures...

      http://schoolslp.blogspot.com/2014/10/weekly-review-october-6th-2014.html

      Delete
  4. Love the scarves- they are so cute!!! :) I also LOVE your idea for the quick tip linky- I will definitely be linking up :) Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete