Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wild About Books Wednesday: Linky Party!




I'm back and ready to share another great book with all of you.  I don't know about where you live, but Minnesota has been a bit chilly lately! I'm in the mood for some summer warmth. Check it out!














I am linking up with Scarlett at Speech is Sweet Blog!



Please check out the Wild About Books Wednesday Linky Party at Speech is Sweet!  Join in the fun and post a comment about books you enjoy using for therapy this time of year!
 Link in comments!

This week the book I am featuring is...

When the Fireflies Come
Written by Jonathan London
Illustrated by Terry Widener


{Can be found on Amazon HERE}

Minnesota has been unbelievably cold over the past few weeks {it was -15 degrees when I drove to work yesterday... WHAT?! Wayyyy too cold!}.  With that said, I am in the mood for some warmer thoughts :)  This book is just that plus an awesome story about summer evenings!  It reminds me of being a kid and playing night games in the neighborhood I grew up in. This book brought back many cherished memories!

I have used this book to work on...
~story retell using Story Grammar Marker (SGM).
~increase vocabulary
~describe people, places and things
~describing with our senses
~comprehension
~order of events
~Pragmatics: Memories

Thanks for checking out my book recommendation!  
Don't forget to check out the other great books at Speech is Sweet's Link up!

2 comments:

  1. Another book to add to my list! Not far from me, in the Great Smoky Mountains, the fireflies synchronize every June. I haven't been to see it yet, but it's a huge thing. This is the only place in the USA that they synchronize; the only other place is somewhere in Asia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I love your idea of tapping into students' memories! I'm going to put in a request for a Story Grammar Marker soon.. I'll probably get denied haha, but I'm going to try!

    ReplyDelete