Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Quick Tip Tuesday!





Time for Quick Tip Tuesday Linky!!!  I am sharing a few tips this week. Link up and share your quick tips or tricks for speech and language!











Every Tuesday, I host a link up called "Quick Tip Tuesday!"  I share a quick tip(s) related to the speech and language world.  It may be a tip about organization, how to do therapy or tips related to evaluations. My goal for this link up is to share information in a short-read format, which is helpful and can make a Speech-Language Pathologists more efficient.

Here are a couple tips for this week...


1. Screening Binders

Create binders for everything (and I mean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g). I have a screening binder for articulation, language, informal measures (along with a large bin container with all my informal measures materials!), I-Team (student intervention team), narrative screenings, etc.  Putting everything in a binder keeps it organized, easy to find and quick to grab when you are short on time (which seems to be most of the time)~!

2. Use Temporary Hooks
I use temporary hooks (because NOTHING else sticks to concrete walls!) to hang my frequently used materials on.  They are right next to my desk and the materials are in a sheet protector with a metal ring.  I also keep my frequently used documents for paperwork there too {e.g. Evaluation/IEP Student Due Dates sheet, District Phone Numbers List, Language Line List (for ELL students), District SPED Lists, etc.}. Right next to you when you need them and always on hand!

3.  Office Supply Organization

I use a tool box (can be bought at any hardware store for around $20!) with printed labels to organize all of my office supplies!  This is AWESOME!  It has helped keep my desk drawers clean and everything I need often is right in front of me.  If you are always modifying and/or creating materials (like I am), this is a must DIY project for your speech room!



I hope you learned something useful today!


If you are linking up, please don't forget to include the picture above and a link back to www.schoolslp.blogspot.com in your post.
Thanks!

What quick tip(s) do you have to make your speech world more efficient?

Link in comments! 
{Linky opens up Tuesday morning and goes through Thursday night!}



Follow me!
School SLP TpT Store
School SLP Facebook Page
School SLP on Instagram
School SLP on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using the hardware organizer for desk supplies! I have a similar organizer that I use for my frequently used TPT cards, but I may have to invest in another for these items as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the office supply organizer & temporary hooks ideas! :)
    oldschoolspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love with office supply organizer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting! I love using temporary hooks to hold things. :) It helps maximize space for sure!

    ReplyDelete