Friday, April 24, 2015

Getting to Know Your Favorite Online SLPs! {Linky Party!}






When I found out that the wonderful and creative Natalie Snyders, SLP was hosting a linky party, I just had to link up! Continue reading to get to know me and learn more about other SLPs online!












WHO am I?
My name is Kim Jarvis and I live in a southern suburb of Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN.  This is my 7th year as a Speech Language Pathologist working in an elementary school. I have a wonderful husband, named Jeff (who is a setting three Emotional/Behavior Disorders (EBD) Teacher), a two year old daughter, Addy, and two dogs, Buddha and Olly. I have been a blogger and TpT seller since April of 2014.  I also love home remodel projects and Pinterest!  I have a twin sister and an older sister who live nearby. {Oh... and I love the Harry Potter books and movies!}


WHAT do I offer?
I have always made my own materials to use in my therapy room.  Last year, I decided it was time to share them with other SLPs!  I offer a variety of comprehensive materials that range from Informal Measures/Evaluations, Articulation, Social Skills, Receptive and Expressive Language Bundles, Book Companions, to seasonal products.  Many of my products can be adapted for age levels functioning between K-5th grades.  My informal and evaluation products (there's an awesome FREEBIE on my TpT for informal measures) are for all ages.  They are meant to make your busy life more organized and make evaluating children less stressful and time consuming.  My book companions are also extremely useful and have something for everyone on your caseload.

My DREAM JOB?
I would love to work with kids kindergarten through 3rd grade on social skills and language disorders!  Those are my favorite aspects of speech and language therapy to teach <3 Also, less paperwork and more time to create materials and blog would be great!

3 of my FAVORITE THINGS...
My family, my DIY projects, and being with my friends.

WHO else should you know?
This is a hard one to answer!  There are so many creative SLP bloggers/creators out there! Here is the one I chose....

Brittany Norris at Speech Made Simple blog! Here is the link to her TpT Store!
One of her awesome FREEBIES!



Thanks for stopping in!
Check out the rest of the linky party here! There are so many awesome SLPs to get to know!


10 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were a twin!
    oldschoolspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! AND she lives right down the street from me :)

      Delete
  2. I love Harry Potter too!! Thanks so much for the shout out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter? Why did it have to end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! I wish the books and movies would just keep coming :)

      Delete
  4. Nice to meet you! I already follow you on insta and love seeing pics of that adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete